Health Recovery Solutions is looking to add to our growing team, a Director of Payor Relations. The candidate in this role will be responsible for developing and executing a strategy to assist HRS clients in securing reimbursement. As the Director of Payor Relations, a successful candidate will be responsible for the identification, development and management of strategic relationships with national and local payors or organizations involved in payor decision making. The Director of Payor Relations will be responsible for leveraging these relationships to help HRS clients get meetings and opportunities to present their case for reimbursement and secure contracts with those payors or billing arrangements. Responsibilities will also include going beyond client specific reimbursement and pursuing state wide and regional reimbursement with payors that can be leveraged by all HRS clients.
The ideal candidate will have strong sales and leadership skills that include experience in strategy, growth, knowledge of the healthcare industry, legislation and evolution of the digital health realm. A successful candidate must have had experience working with, for, or selling to payors.
- Work closely with executive leadership team at HRS to set strategic vision for payor targets
- Engage HRS clients and understand their needs for reimbursement and provide expert guidance
- Establish strong relationships with key payor organizations, achieve market penetration and support the company’s short- and long-term market initiatives of serving as many patients as possible
- Develop and maintain a database of key accounts and contacts within payor and government organizations
- Negotiate timely and profitable contracts with both payors and governmental agencies to help our clients create financially sustainable programs
- Confidently and credibly present product solutions and program offerings to an executive audience
- Create a sales cycle for ensuring reimbursement opportunities are executed on
- Experience in contracting with payors
- Understand Medicare/Medicaid billing and how to navigate assisting clients in creating billing arrangements
- Develop a deep understanding of legislation and changes affecting reimbursement policies and payor incentives
- Create thought leadership and educate clients on the best pathways to securing their own reimbursement
- KPIs for this position are securing reimbursement for as many clients as possible, at as large a scale as possible, as well as setting up regional or state-wide payor programs.
- Specific understanding of payor/care management companies, hospitals, and providers/physicians
- Experience working in a sales/account management capacity and delivering on sales-based goals
- Strong consultative selling and closing skills
- Ability to produce presentations and demonstrations leveraging functional resources within HRS; strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present to and influence executive stakeholders across the industry
- Ability to prepare reports and collateral as needed; proficient at analyzing data and making strategic recommendations accordingly
- A successful candidate is comfortable with medical terminology, revenue cycle, and health IT jargon; ability to use clinical data as a selling factor
- Over-achiever with a consistent track record of annual quota/revenue achievement
- Travel is required
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Flexible hours and work environment
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance packages to fit your needs
- Flexible spending account for medical, commuter benefits
- 401(k) savings plan
- Unlimited snacks, coffee, and drinks
- Employee events and catered team lunches
- ZogSports Team
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest, most driven people in the industry and have fun while doing it!