Health Recovery Solutions is looking to add to our growing team, a Finance Associate. The candidate in this role will be responsible for creating and maintaining the accounting records for the company using the QuickBooks Online applications, reconciling all accounts as needed, interfacing with outside accounting experts such as tax CPA, auditors, and consultants, assisting the Finance Department in running and customizing reports that provide business analysis and results, and performing banking and operational functions as required. The ideal candidate will have strong internship experience and/or 1 year of relevant professional experience in a finance role.
0 - 2 years working within a finance role or internship
Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year university
Office: Hoboken, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain QuickBooks Online company data. Understand the account and company setup steps and maintain a general knowledge of the major areas of the QuickBooks Online application.
- Create and maintain QuickBooks Online users, and set and maintain the appropriate access levels.
- Export periodic backups of the QuickBooks Online company data.
- Create and maintain vendor records, including contact information, payment terms, and any other information required.
- Create and maintain customer records including contact, delivery and payment information.
- Customize the company invoice form and other forms, such as sales receipts and estimates (Plus only) as needed.
- Create and maintain employees including contact information, payroll salary or rate information, and related employment data, such as W-4s and other new hire paperwork.
- Write checks in QuickBooks Online.
- Invoice customers. Upon approval, distribute invoices to customers via email or mail.
- Manage bills received from vendors.
- Create and maintain time tracking records.
- Prepare estimates if requested.
- Help manage and update AR and AP
- If estimates are used, match invoices to estimates.
- Record bank transactions as needed. Download bank transactions into bank accounts.
- Prepare or monitor the preparation of payroll.
- Make journal entries as directed.
- Track the cash balance and alert owner or manager with regular cash flow reports.
- Customize and memorize reports for the owner, outside accounting experts, government agencies, outside payroll services, and other interested parties. These reports include account balances, profit and loss figures, and transactional reports.
- Reconcile bank accounts and perform account analysis on assets and liability accounts. (Note: this duty should be segregated from the employee who receives the checks and goes to the bank.)
- Prepare 1099s for application vendors. (Plus only)
- Make (or ensure they’re made) payroll tax deposits, and create and file (or ensure it’s done) payroll tax reports.
- Create and file sales tax reports.